We are absolutely delighted to be co-hosting a FREE WORKSHOP on Tuesday 24th of March 9-4pm
This fantastic opportunity is open to Staffordshire Businesses who are looking to become more sustainable.
Workshop – Smart Energy Network Demonstrator (SEND) SME Supply Chain Programme
- Dates Tuesday 24th March 2020, 9am until 4pm.
- Location: Rugeley TBC
- Fully funded as part of the SEND Supply Chain Programme.
- Maximum of 1 delegate from each SME.
- Delivered by Stopford Energy and Environment
- Some criteria applies for more details please email email@example.com or call on 07927196767 tickets are available from eventbrite.
- Limited spaces-reserve yours today!
Responding to the Climate Emergency – Opportunities for Energy & Resource Saving and Business Growth for SMEs
With the impacts of climate change being at the forefront of the global political agenda and the consumer conscience, the effective management and communication of an organisation’s impact on the environment has never been more important.
In 2019, the Government and the following institutions committed to working to meet the legislative target set out by the Climate Change Act, declaring a “climate emergency”, and vowing to refresh their Climate Change Strategies to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the time is now for organisations to respond to the challenge of climate change and in doing so to capitalise on the multitude of benefits that this brings.
- Keele University
- Staffordshire County Council
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Newcastle-Under-Lyme Borough Council
- Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
There are many reasons for a company to consider the impact that its processes and operations have on the environment. As well as minimising environmental harm and protecting the natural world, other benefits include identifying opportunities to reduce costs, ensuring compliance with environmental legislation (thus avoiding prosecution), improving company reputation, and providing a competitive advantage over rivals.
As such this workshop will present local delegates with a framework in which the environmental impacts of their operations can be measured and managed as well as equipping delegates with know-how required to achieve cost savings and business advantage by virtue of responding to the climate crisis.